Section 508 Disclaimer
Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Section 508 Compliance Disclaimer
Accessibility Aids - Plug-ins and File Viewers
All applets, plug-ins, or other applications required by FHWA webpages that are not included on the specific page are found as links from this page.
Most of these links are to non-government sources. FHWA does not endorse any of these products. They are listed below for the convenience of our visitors. Address questions about the particular plug-in or file viewer to the respective vendor.
- Adobe Reader - Use Adobe Reader to read Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
- Adobe Flash Player - Files with this extension (SWF) require the Adobe Flash Player.
- Microsoft Word - Microsoft offers file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have Microsoft Word or have another version of Microsoft Word to open and view Microsoft Word files.
- Microsoft Excel - Microsoft offers file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have Microsoft Excel or have another version of Microsoft Excel to view Microsoft Excel files.
- Microsoft Access - Microsoft offers file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have Microsoft Access or have another version of Microsoft Access to view Microsoft Access files.
- Microsoft SQL19 Server Express - Microsoft offers free database SQL Server Express that FHWA has selected to distribute data sets that are too large to easily manipulate in MS Access.
- Microsoft PowerPoint - Microsoft offers file viewer and converter programs to enable those who do not have Microsoft PowerPoint or have another version of Microsoft PowerPoint to view Microsoft PowerPoint files.
- WinZip - Zip files are single files, sometimes called "archives", which contain one or more compressed files. Files with this extension (.zip) were compressed with WinZip and require that or similar software, to open and extract them.